- You keep a toothbrush in your desk at school.
- You unconsciously correct the English of complete strangers.
- You can transliterate an English word to Korean without a second thought.
- You've learned more about the English language than you ever learned in school.
- You enjoy the smell of kimchi wafting from your downstairs neighbors.
- You use the sound of construction at 8am as your alarm clock.
- People stop complimenting you on how well you read hangeul.
- When the staff at your favorite restaurant know your order without your even saying it.
- When your knowledge of Korean history makes a Korean gasp in amazement.
- Your shoes get slipped off faster than the Koreans you're going out to eat with.
- You know how to make kimchi without needing written directions.
- You walk around the naked part of the jimjilbang with total confidence.
- Taking a sick day means you're giving birth or you were run over by a car.
© Chris Backe - 2010
This post was originally published on my blog,Chris in South Korea. If you are reading this on another website and there is no linkback or credit given, you are reading an UNAUTHORIZED FEED.