V-DAY BUSAN 2015: A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer

Date: 
Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 15:00
Location: 

From: https://www.facebook.com/events/449288168561172/449713498518639

For this year's V-DAY event, we will be performing A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer. We will be incorporating A LOT of new monologues, so if you've seen it in the past, it will be different! We also have a diverse cast of women and men that will be giving voices to these amazing stories. 

WHAT IS MMRP?
"A groundbreaking collection of monologues by world-renowned authors and playwrights, edited by Eve Ensler and Mollie Doyle. These diverse voices rise up in a collective roar to break open, expose, and examine the insidiousness of violence at all levels: brutality, neglect, a punch, even a put-down."

WHEN? WHERE? HOW MUCH?
Sunday March 1st, Doors open at 3:30pm, 4:00pm start 
Monk Jazz Club, KSU
15,000 at the door
Come early to get a seat, this will be the only performance!

Ninety percent of the donations will go to Sae Gil Welfare Corporation/ Busan Women's Shelter , a local women's shelters here in Busan. The other ten percent will go to V-DAY's global spotlight campaign. We will also be raffling off some great prizes during intermission! Don't miss out!

A History of V-DAY in Busan:
This year is the 6th consecutive year of V-Day events in Busan. V-Day Busan started with a performance of The Vagina Monologues in the spring of 2010. Since then, there have been annual performances of The Vagina Monologues, V-Men, and/or A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer (MMRP) as well as several other fundraising events. Over the last 5 years, V-Day Busan has raised about 25,000,000 won, 90% of it going to local charities such as House of Sharing, SaeGil Women’s Shelter, and Salim Women’s Shelter with the remaining 10% going to V-Day’s global movement.