Job Ad Type:
Looking for a new teacher at Macleans English Academy, near Sajik Station, from June or asap, if possible.
1) Starting Date: From June 5th or asap, depending on applicant’s availability
2) Teaching Dates: Monday to Friday (one Saturday every other month for make-up classes)
3) Working Hours: 12:30 – 8:30 or 12:00 – 8:00 (depending on applicant preferences)
4.) Go home early on Fridays
5.) Student Level: kindergarten - elementary
- 2.5 million won per month (all deductions included)
- housing allowance from 300,000 per month (depending on experience)
- housing available if needed
7.) Vacation Days: 12 days paid vacation and all national holidays off
8.) Only looking for native speakers and applicants who are already in Korea
This is a great position for someone who loves kids and is passionate about children’s literature. The kids are responsive and ready for fun, and you have a lot of leeway with how you want to teach the syllabus. Lessons can use picture books, films, textbooks, or animated series based on the kids’ levels, and you can communicate very effectively with the administration to adjust the syllabus if it’s not a good fit for the students. The administration really wants what’s best for the kids and doesn’t micromanage. The boss was also raised overseas, so there are no communication issues. This school has been growing since the haeundae location opened in 2021 and has great staff and teachers.
Feel free to DM me (head teacher working in haeundae branch) with more questions or send your resume directly to Monica Lee at 010-9106-6619 or [email protected].
You can also check out the school’s Instagram at @macleans.dongnae
Thanks in advance for your interest!