Job Ad Type:
About Aptive Education
Aptive Education is a premier global admissions consulting company focused on building EdTech solutions in an increasingly digitized world. Our team of international innovators, educators, and developers work together to curate personalized guidance through tech solutions in order to accelerate a student’s path to successful college admissions and beyond.
Whether we partner with organizations or with individuals, our success is nurtured and embedded by opportunities for learning and growth, rooted in the belief that the apex of a student’s educational journey starts with expansively discovering their interests and then deepening their pursuit towards becoming self-driven in growth, mastery, impact, and achievement.
We operate in Seoul, South Korea and New York City.
About the Role
As an Education Consultant, you will be a member of our Admissions Consulting Team to develop and implement admissions strategies with students based on their academic, professional, and social interests. We care about helping students gain admissions into top schools insofar as it serves as a productive and meaningful process that leads to their intellectual, professional, social, and moral growth.
Successful consultants are intellectually curious, driven in their own pursuit of growth, and are willing to venture into the trenches with students to help them learn, gain meaningful experiences, pursue impactful projects, and connect with the wider world beyond their own immediate social circles and communities. In short, we enjoy learning and achieving with and alongside our students.
Our admissions consulting services provide guidance on gaining admission into boarding/private high schools, colleges, and graduate programs.
- Proactively and frequently engage with students through a combination of written communication (primarily messenger apps) and meetings (zoom or in-person)
- Devise and execute on admissions and growth strategies for students in collaboration with senior management
- Curate, build, and deliver resources to improve the efficiency of team operations and effectively facilitate student growth
- Contribute to the development of Aptive’s technology platforms through content creation, observing user behavior, gathering user feedback, and accessing educational outcomes
- 2+ years of experience in admissions (boarding/private school, college, or graduate)
- Proven track record of successful school admissions
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Drive, etc.) with the ability to learn new tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for your students
- Ability to complete work and tasks according to set timelines
- A love for the ability to problem-solve
- Driven and curious to learn about different disciplines--academic, professional, artistic
- Native English Speaker (although outstanding candidates without this qualification will be considered)
- Graduates from top-tier universities have a distinct advantage
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Korean also has a distinct advantage
Resumes collected are for recruitment purposes only.
Aptive is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
엡티브에듀케이션은 구성원의 다양성과 포용적 기업정책 및 조직문화를 만들어 가고 있습니다. 엡티브에듀케이션은 공정한 기회를 제공하며, 인종, 국적, 성별, 성별정체성, 성적지향, 나이, 보훈, 장애여부 등 업무수행와 관련없는 다양성을 차별하지 않습니다. 관련하여 도움이 필요하시면 연락바랍니다.