Job Ad Type:
Adult Teaching Position Starting in October 2021
KHNP (Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.) Human Resources Development Institute (KHRDI) is looking for a native English-speaking instructor who can start in October 2021. We are looking for enthusiastic and professional individuals who will join us to develop talented human resources in KHRDI.
1. Job Description
○ Position: Full-time English Instructor
○ Number of Vacancies: 1
○ Essential Duties
- Teaching English: One-on-one classes or group classes with 6–20 adults.
- Developing tailored curriculums and textbooks in collaboration with other instructors.
- Providing input on English programs and regularly evaluating student performance.
- Developing and evaluating English test questions.
○ Native English speaker residing in Korea
* Native English Speaker : A citizen of the following seven English-speaking countries with an E-2 visa that meets the requirements defined by the Minister Justice of Korea : Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States or South Africa
○ Holders of a bachelor's degree
3. Hiring Processes
○ Step 1: Document screening
○ Step 2: Personal interview & mock lecture
- The mock lecture should be 20 minutes with a topic of your choice.
※ Applicants will be contacted individually for an interview if they successfully pass the initial document screening process.
○ Step 3: Medical check
4. How to Apply
○ Send an e-mail with all required documents (see below) by September 13, 2021 (12:00pm KST) to [email protected]
○ Required documents
- Send with your application e-mail:
a) Cover letter and resume/CV (indicating your nationality & visa type)
b) 2 letters of recommendation
c) Consent form for Collection and Use of Personal Information (Attachment)
d) Copy of University diploma with Apostille
e) Copy of First Two Pages of Passport
f) Copy of Alien Registration Card(Front and Back)
g) Copy of employment certificate(s)
h) Copy of teaching certificate(s)
- Documents needed for interview:
a) Copy of alien registration card and passport
5. Working Conditions
○ Period of Employment: October 11, 2021 – October 10, 2022 (subject to change)
○ Annual Salary: Approx. 40,000,000 KRW
- Additional incentives up to 10% of the annual salary will be provided based on individual performance evaluation and the company policy.
○ Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00–18:00 (Lunch Break 12:00-13:00)
○ Paid Vacation: Maximum 26 days
○ Benefits: Severance payment, national pension, national health insurance, industrial accident compensation insurance.
○ Work Place: KHNP Human Resources Development Institute
- 658-50, Haemaji-ro, Seosang-myun, Ulju-gun, Ulsan-si, Korea
(It takes 40 minutes by car from Haeundae area.)
6. Blind Recruitment Processes
○ Personal information such as name and address stated in the job application will be used only for identification at each screening phase, and it will not be disclosed in the interview.
○ When submitting your job application by e-mail, an e-mail address which indicates a name of school or a certain organization is NOT allowed.
○ If a school name or family information which may arouse prejudice is stated in the job application, the applicant may have disadvantages in the recruitment.
7. Other instructions
○ The applicant is fully responsible for any and all disadvantages incurred due to inaccurate or missing information in the job application. In addition, if information in the job application is found to be falsified or not true; the recruitment result and employment contract will be cancelled; the candidate will be restricted from applying for a position at the Company in the future; may face legal punishment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
○ Please fill out the job application very carefully referring to job application instructions so as to avoid disadvantages due to inaccurate or missing information.
○ Please be sure to bring your identification (alien registration card, valid passport) to the interview, otherwise you will not be allowed to have an interview.
○ If none of the applicants are determined to be qualified for the position after the recruitment processes, the Company may decide not to hire anyone.
○ Anyone who requests special consideration for a job position, commits irregularities and/or is unlawfully employed for the job position will be subject to legal punishment pursuant to applicable laws and regulations such as the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act. The recruitment result can be nullified or cancelled even after the candidate is appointed.
○ Anyone who suffers from disadvantage or damage due to unlawful recruitment will be entitled to remedies in accordance with the remedial procedure of the Company.
○ Unlawful recruitment acts can be reported to "Shinmungo", an online complaints system on the website of the Company.
○ If you would like for your submitted documents returned (excluding an employee who has signed an employment contract), please fill out and submit Attachment 2 (must be signed by applicant).
○ For further information, please contact our recruiting manager (Email: [email protected]) at the Training Support Department, KHNP Human Resources Development Institute.
Attachment 1: Consent to the collection and use of personal information
Attachment 2: Request for the return of submitted application documents
Attachment 3: Job Description