Drivers License


I'm wondering if there is any way to obtain an international drivers license once you are already in Korea. Is switching to a Korean driver's license the only option?

Also, I've been trying to find a reliable source for driving laws in Korea. I read somewhere that bikes with small engines like 50cc don't require a license to drive. Can anyone verify?




I had a look at some older

I had a look at some older posts and it seems that an international drivers license can only be obtained in your own country. Are you reluctant to switch to a Korean license? It's easy as pie.

With regard to the bike engine size. You can use a regular driving license for anything under 125cc larger than that you need a motorbike license.

Check these posts out for further details