AileTurkish Restaurant and well created food. NOW CLOSED. 12/2011

out of business.. 12/2011

-----------------

I have eaten at Aile several times now. I also have hosted a lunch for a half-dozen professors of various foreign languages from my university. We all enjoyed the food and thought that it was artfully created.

The Chef, Fausto, is married with  Kim Guk Bun, "Victoria", who he met in Italy when she was there studying cooking and restaurant management. He, also, was studying and cooking, the pair of them for 8 years.

Fausto did the interior design of the restaurant and he and his brother painted the place. The restaurant is a nice approximation of a European restaurant. The food is NOT "adapted" to the Korean market. It is as original as available local and imported ingredients can make it.

On weekend evenings, IF there seems to be enough traffic on the street below his restaurant, then Fausto loads up his kebab-cart with fresh chicken and moves out onto the street to sell FRESH donar kebab. He makes his own yoghurt sauce and his own chili sauce. He tries to make it just like "back home".  Victoria and he were agast at the thought of filling the kebab with cabbage and using mayonnaise and  ketchup as a spice.

Closed Mondays, phone: 070-8234-6929  See the menu link on the front page of KoreaBridge (the menu may soon be corrected, for example, spaghetti will no longer be offered)

http://koreabridge.net/restaurant/aile