Inter City Bus travel
From 양산 시외 버스 터미널 (Yangsan intercity bus terminal), which is next to Emart, you can take buses to various places in Korea. Here’s a timetable of the buses that depart from Yangsan.
Place names (Top from left to right): 울산 (Ulsan) 김해 (Gimhae) 전주 / 인산 / 군산 (Jeonju/Ilsan/Gunsan) 동서울 (East Seoul) 남서울 (South Seoul) 오산 / 수원 / 안산 (Osan / Suwon / Ansan) 진주 (Jinju) 해운대 (Haeundae)
Place names (Bottom from left to right): 보성 / 삼호 / 목포 (Boseong/Samho/Mokpo) 신평 (Sinpeong) 마산 (Masan) 창원 (Changwon) 경주, 포항 (Gyeongju, Pohang) 언양 (Eonyang) 고성 / 통영 (Goseong / Tongyeong)
There are a number of local buses which are cheap and reliable. More info can be found here (in Korean only): http://bus.yangsan.go.kr/
Here’s a list of some of them:
12 / 12-1 – Tongdosa to Busan
13 – Yangsan – Eonyang – Ulsan KTX Station
16 / 16-1 – Yangsan PNU Hospital – Busan
21 – Bukjeong -Mulgeum – Gupo (Busan)
23 – Bukjeong – Hopo – Gupo (Busan)
32 – Bukjeong – Mulgeum Station
128 / 128-1 – Bukjeong – Mulgeum Station
1200 – Bukjeong – Busan PNU/Oncheonjang
1300 – Yangsan PNU Hospital – Busan
1500 – Mulgeum Station – Busan PNU/Oncheonjang
3000 – Yangsan Emart – Ulsan KTX Station
- Mulgeum Station – Trains run from here to Busan, east to Jinju and north towards Seoul.
- Mulgeum isn’t a KTX station and only Mugunghwa and ITX trains (slower trains) run from here.
- To catch a KTX train you will need to change trains at another station.
- You can book online here (it’s in English): http://www.letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfTicketSearch.do and collect your tickets at the station.
- Several buses run to Mulgeum (32, 128, 128-1, 1500) from Yangsan E-mart, which takes 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
- To take a taxi, tell the driver “물금 역” (Mulgeum yeog). Taxis cost 7000-8000 and it takes about 10-15 minutes to arrive at the station.
- Alternatively you can catch a train from Ulsan KTX station (a 40 minute bus ride on the 3000 from Yangsan E-mart) or Gupo KTX station, which is approximately 35-40 minutes on the Subway from Yangsan station.
- The two main subway stations here are Yangsan and Namyangsan.
- Line 2 (the green subway line) starts / ends in Yangsan and runs to Jangsan in Busan.
- Be sure to buy a Cash Bee or T-Money card from a convenience store, which can be topped up on a “Transport Card Recharging” machine at any station and most convenience stores. These cards can also be used on buses.