My Husband’s Serenade
When he got tired of our “family song”, he belted out:
KHAN: (to the tune of “The Finger Family”) Mr. Handsome, Mr. Handsome, where are you? (pointing to himself) Here I am, here I am…
ME: Honey, do you really think you’re handsome?
KHAN: Yes, everybody tells me.
ME: You are so…
ME: Yes, to the nth degree! Can we sleep now?
KHAN: Wait, I have a song for you.
ME: It’d better be good.
He moved towards me and gently touched my cheek.
KHAN: You are so beautiful to me… you are so beautiful to me…
I’ve always imagined my husband singing that to me on our wedding day, but the man I married can’t carry a tune. Last night, though, he sang it with all his heart. He couldn’t remember all the lyrics, but he kept singing the only line he knows: “You are so beautiful to me…”
Under the pallid moonlight coming through our window, I listened to my husband’s sweet singing. As our arms entwined, I sang the rest of the song with him:
“You’re everything I hope for… you’re everything I need… You are so beautiful to me.”
When one has once fully entered the realm of love, the world – no matter how imperfect – becomes rich and beautiful, it consists solely of opportunities for love. ~~~ Soren Kierkegaard (1813 – 1855)
- Husband (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- The Dates (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- A Husband and a Wife’s Vow (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Travails of Marriage (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Terms of Endearment (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Reminiscing (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Five Shows From Your Childhood That You Can Watch With Your Kids (digitalparentingblog.com)
- Laughter and Tears – Part 2 (myjourneysinsight.com)
- My 5th Grade Teacher (adailythankyou.wordpress.com)
- Rules for a Christian Marriage (carnatiousdiary.wordpress.com)
- If you want to sing out, sing out. If you want to be free, be free. (40represented.com)
From Korea with Love