How to Learn Korean Online For FREE!
These are the only websites you’ll ever need to learn Korean.
Have you just arrived in Korea and can’t read a single item on a restaurant menu? Or have you been here for years and are ready to improve your language skills beyond “mekju juseyo!” If so, start learning Korean from one of the many great websites available online…for FREE:
- This is hands down the “fastest, easiest, and most fun way to learn Korean,” as they advertise on their site. There are FREE podcasts every week for all levels. Each podcast is around 10 minutes long. Just search for it on iTunes. You can also upgrade your account for a fee to get lots of cool extras. Visit the site for more details.
- Rob Julien, a teacher of Korean to foreigners in Korea, has put together a site where you can watch over 4 hours of class video for FREE. Even better, you can email him a question and he might discuss it in his next video class. His site is definitely worth a look.
- Some years ago, Stephen Revere – the author of Survival Korean and current managing editor of 10 Magazine, hosted a show on Arirang TV called Let’s Speak Korean. Today you can view well over a hundred episodes online for FREE. What is interesting about the show is that each episode is only 10 minutes long. It’s short, simple, and to the point.
- The Korean Language Education Center at Sogang University has put together an excellent FREE site full of information and exercises to help you learn Korean.
- Indiana University made an outstanding FREE site for learning Korean vocabulary. What’s great about it is that you can learn vocabulary by categories. For example, click on “fruits” and a screen will pop up with pictures of an apple, watermelon, pear, etc.. Next, click on the fruit and you will not only see the word spelled in Hangul, but you will hear the Korean pronunciation of it. Amazing!
- Another fantastic FREE site from Indiana University that will teach you the Korean alphabet.