Hands down, this is the best ride at Lotte World (롯데월드). It’s called Atlantis. Into a cave and around the water, with speeds up to 72 kilometers an hour. Also, we all look good.
Had my first trip to Lotte World (롯데월드), the world’s largest indoor theme park. I recommend contacting Sunnysmartshopping for any available discounts. Not as grandiose as Everland, but being directly in Seoul, one cannot complain too much.
Some random thoughts:
1. The Drunken Basket, which is very similar to Disneyland’s teacup ride, can make a grown-man vomit. Twice.
2. Never had to queue for more than 40 minutes on a Sunday in June.
3. The cosmetic stores, E-Tude House and Face Shop, are there. Just in case you need to buy some make up, of course.
4. There is an attraction where you put an image of your face on a walrus and watch the creature swim, eat, and interact with other walruses. I still don’t know how I feel about this.
5. Life is not complete until you’ve worn 3D glasses while riding a mechanical horse and shooting at computerized evil-beings.
6. Hands down, Atlantis is the best ride at Lotte World. Into a cave and around the water, with speeds up to 72 kilometers an hour.
7. Several main attractions had tickets you could pick up which told you what time to return so you wouldn’t have to remain in line. They are marked on the map as having “Magic Pass."
8. The parades and park music shows were not very entertaining to me. I think it’s difficult to do much in such a confined space.
9. The Folk Museum is worth visiting. Really, really enjoyed this change of pace, and spent some significant time there. Did see a sign advertising a “fork museum" though, which was confusing yet hilarious.
10. It can feel a bit claustrophobic being indoors for so long, so the smaller outdoor park, Magic Island, is a much welcomed respite.