Apparently, I don’t have a minute to spare…
…So I can’t really make the wonderful posts my regular readers will have become accustomed to.
Last time I wrote one of these posts I was very anxious about my lack of posting. Right now, I probably don’t have the time to sit down and write this post, but I’m going to do it anyway because I want to and I’m a grown up who (sometimes) can deal with the consequences of my own actions. Grrrr.
It had been bothering me up until an hour ago that because I was so busy – I am, really, in a good way – I hadn’t been able to update this blog. Then I thought about it. Of all the blogs that I subscribe to…well the regular posts from most of them have dried up. I asked myself, why? Well, it’s obvious – the writer is busy.
So I should suck it up, do the job, and when I get the time (I’m guessing June) then I can post away to my hearts content.
In case your curiosity may get the better of you (how this may happen is a mystery but it may happen so best to prepare for it) here is why I am busy:
- Right now, I have four jobs.
- I am desperately trying to save money and stop spending money on the credit cards before we (myself and herself that is) go back to Ireland for two months.
- At present when I am not in one of my four jobs I am helping herself in our new business venture – The OK Café – as described in my April, Letter from Korea.
- I have been writing for Groove and for 10 Magazine. Last month I had an article in each about the upcoming HBC Fest, and this coming month I’ll have a piece about Jumunjin (where herself hails from) in Gangwon-do and some CD reviews – if I get the thumb out (watch this space)
- I am also being hounded into giving my opinion about events for the October Asian Gaelic Games which will be held in Suwon.
- I’m meeting the Irish Ambassador tomorrow to talk about how can we get more Korean students to come to Ireland to study English – I’m sick to death of hearing why the US is the best place to learn English.
- The HBC Fest is in less than two weeks (woohoo) but may not be as fun as usual what with me agreeing with Lance to be responsible-ish.
- I have a wife who I love more than anything and can’t bear to leave bored or unentertained despite the excitement of all these pressing responsibilities – but number 1 on the list seems to be the biggest drain on my time…but sure she’d be givin’ out it we had no money!
So that’s it. I’m busy. As I said – deal with it!
I have a couple of posts lined up – one is practically finished but it’s very long and I could say more – but I need to scrape together enough hours to put them together, edit, be sure they’re good etc.
De yute await.