Here are some more “not just coffee” entries. Whether it’s a bakery, dessert cafe, or even an eyeglass shop (or, an excellent flower shop), it seems everyone thinks they need to have coffee in the mix if they want to survive. That includes…
77. Cafe Icebean (Samgye, Gimhae). This chain, in addition to coffee, offers patbingsu desserts. But this particular location is across from the excellent Mint Bloom, so I could not care less.
79. Pasta Farm: Fresh Pasta a& Coffee. Located in Gwangan, Busan, this clearly is mostly a restaurant specializing in pasta. So, why does it also have to have “coffee” in its title? Because coffee rules Korea, that’s why. Note, there is another “A Twosome Place” location in the same building. Also in the same building is…
80. Eat, the Original Coffee & Simply Food.
81. Coffee & Mobile Free Cafe, in Jangsan, Busan. “Free Cafe”? Does that mean I can leave my wallet at home? Also, am I the only one who thinks their sign looks like the Arm & Hammer logo?
82. a “Take Out” coffee shop (the turquoise part) located in another cell phone shop, one street over from “Coffee & Mobile” in Jangsan, Busan.
JPDdoesROK is a former news editor/writer in New Jersey, USA, who served a one-year tour of duty in Dadaepo/Jangnim, Saha-gu, Busan from February 2013 to February 2014. He is now a teacher in Gimhae.