ARKpopPodcast - Episode 6 – The American Dream
- Length: 99:46 minutes (45.67 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 64Kbps (CBR)
The seventh release and sixth official episode of The Always Rational Kpop Episode is here and it’s a bit of a doozy. We spend a lot of time talking about comeback news and the fact that Block B hasn’t completely disappointed us. We apologize for any inferiority in the recording as Noelle’s computer was experiencing complications from a heart murmur. I also will apologize for my accent dipping in and out and changing, I don’t know what happened there. Our “Free Talk” considers the American advance that everyone seems to be coveting so badly.
- Rain wins the Time 100 Most Influential People Poll (The Poll has been gamed several times in the past, don’t take it too seriously)
- Rania & 4minute reedit their choreography to remove the Spread Leg dance due to it invoking Uncomfortable Feelings in the audience.
- f(x)’s comeback teasers have been released this week
- Dal Shabet returns with “Pink Rocket”
- Leader Eric’s comeback was announced.
- My Story wasn’t that funny.
- Eluphant (Minos & Kebee return after 5 years)
- Block B has their debut stage (AssBrass made the beats, but Kyung & Zico wrote the lyrics):
- JYJ loses permission to do Charity Concert
- JYJ Announces North American Tour Stops: Vancouver, BC, San Jose, CA, Los Angeles, CA & Newark, NJ.
- Big Bang puts up a poll for where their global tour should go, ignores Australia, New Zealand, the entire continent of Africa, and the Caribbean/West Indies, but whateves, such is life.
- Jaejoong does a “tell all” interview & Noelle speculates on the identity of his four girlfriends since debut.
The Music Video that launched the phenomenon and their music career in Japan.
Lastly, we follow up our Kara/SNSD Japanese advance discussion with a lengthy one on the proposed American debuts of Rania, U-KISS, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, etc. This discussion mostly popped into my mind when I was reflecting on KARA’s overcoming their underdog status and I began to wonder if the group/solo artist that manages to truly extend the Hallyu wave to the US will end up being someone we don’t expect.
However, if they’re going to move into a market where the media can completely ruin careers, the truth of the matter is the Korean Music Industry is going to need to clean itself up, a point that Time Magazine pointed out over a full decade ago.
We also touch quite vaguely on Asian-American artists that are extending their popularity on Youtube and on the charts, and the advantages either group has as well as their disadvantages.
The last segment is a bit we’re going to continue doing per episode, just a brief spotlight on artists that have been out of the mainstream eye for a few years, whose music isn’t quite what you get from idols. Comprised of DJ Clazzi, Horan & Alex Chu (of We Got Married Season 1 fame) and known as Clazziquai Project, they’ve been active since 2004 with the release of Instant Pig. Their music is a combination of Electronic, Acid Jazz and House & here are a few examples.
Sweety featuring a young man that would’ve eventually become Top Star Lee Junki.
And a few videos from their last release Mucho Punk
Lastly, them performing one of their Most Well known songs “Romeo & Juliet”
Feel free to consume every music video you can find on Fluxus’ channel, their artists are amazing, talented, and they try different styles of music you might not find in the mainstream.
I’mma say goodbye with Handsome People’s latest MV, Crazy
Email us at email@example.com with any questions, concerns, ideas, hate mail, rants, etc. We’d be thrilled to hear from you. Until Next week.